Friday, February 20, 2009

St. Patty's Chef



I come from a long line of Irish....like many in the USA. My Great Great Grandparents migrated here from Ireland, they were the O'Gradys when they got here. Soon after, they became the Bradys, and have been since. This card is for my Mom's Mom, who was one of those Bradys. Every year I HAVE to make her a St. Patrick's Day card, or it breaks her heart...LOL! A while back I saw this Voila chef made up as a SPD card, so I had to try it. His hat and jacket are paper pieced, and the rest of him is colored with markers. For his tray, I used a couple of puffy glittered shamrock stickers, and the sentiment is on a 3D sticker. The stamp and PP are from Stampin' Up.

Well, I have a few other things going, so hopefully I can get back to the desk and play more. I hurt my knee Wednesday, and after 4 hours in the ER yesterday, they diagnosed a probable tear in te cartiledge. I see an Orthopedic Surgeon on Wednesday. I am in a knee brace and it is SO hard to get under the table to stamp...LOL! Oh well, I will do what I can...
Have a great weekend...see you soon!

Rubber Hugs,
Julie

5 comments:

Jenny said...

cute :) love paper piecing - must give it a go :)

handcraftedgreetings said...

This is so cute. I love the idea of stamping on patterned paper. I'm going to have to try that too.
Sorry to hear about your knee. OUCH!

Barb said...

I'm loving the layout on this one & of course Mr Chef is way too darling. Good luck with your knee.

Carrie said...

Love this set of stamps, clever to use it like this for St. Patric's day.

Jacilynn said...

Julie, Love what you've done with this image! THis is such a great Card! Love your blog. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I think your profile said you were in the NW. I am also.